Sunday, June 29, 2008

5 great things about being an artist.

Okay here is my top five greats.....

1. Watching Regis and Kelly at 9 a.m. with a follow up from my girls at The View at 10 a.m. While painting! Nothing like a good laugh or interesting debate to wake me up and encourage my inner creativity. Couldn't do that if I worked in a cube 9-5.

2. When people ask what I do it is a little cool to say I am an artist--until they start asking endless questions about my art, and then confess they are secretly artists too. Yawn.

3. Selling on Etsy. It is a downright addiction, I tell ya! Something about that place makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like a nice hot cup of tea with honey. Looking at the treasuries displayed their just can't help but make you happy.

4. Working on my art blog at 6 a.m. on Sunday---not sure why I decided to get up, but I had an idea for a great post. But I can also work at 10 p.m. on Monday, or 5 p.m. on Tuesday or even 8 a.m. on Wednesday. Again, you can't beat these hours!

5. Creating and creating and thinking of more things I can make. On my list are paper mache, pendants, more canvas projects and if I can find that huge can of resin at my house we are going to get something really cool out of that. There is nothing like creating what is roaming around in your imagination!

Happy Sunday

No comments: