Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer plans and one cool wall


Some of you have asked if I am still faux finishing---and the answer is a definite yes! However, this is the first time in five years I will not be doing a showhouse this summer. Though the show homes are always fun –especially when finished---It is somewhat a relief to not have to climb up 20 ft. scaffolding every day for weeks, and squeeze my way through the maze of electricians, tile guys, trim carpenters. So I am actually enjoying the beginning of summer while I jump into my new creative world of fine art and other creative handmade items. I still am taking projects and have several on the books, but projects will be spread out more, so I can enjoy this wonderful Iowa summer.



One of the recent projects I did was using the popular handpainted papers in a geometrical motif. The papers were applied in an office conference room. Glued in a grid pattern, each piece also had raised texture. The handpainted papers can be applied in a torn random application as well. Think accent walls, powder room, and of course add some pizzazz to my favorite wall---your ceilings.

No comments: