Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Time To Go Big

Premiering this July is my new series of very big art! I am so excited to work on a larger scale for several of my paintings---painting in an abstract form is more appealing to me when it gets bigger to the eye. The viewer can study more detail, more color, and the impact of the piece is much stronger. Not to mention big art is all the rage in contemporary interior design settings.

The pieces will be painted directly on unstretched canvas measuring anywhere in size from 3 ft x 3 ft on up in size. The pieces will be dried and rolled up to be shipped. Once a client receives their new piece of art, the client can stretch the piece on stretcher bars themselves or take to a frame shop. Make sure to check back about this process---I will let you know of a few good you tube videos that talk about stretching your own canvas, the approximate costs involved and so forth.

Sending the canvas unstretched saves money on shipping, and in fact, many BIG artists prefer this method. The canvas arrives in tact in a shipping tube, there for having less of a chance to be damaged.

I will be listing my first piece this week---so keep checking back for my premiere of BIG ART!

1 comment:

Cole Hanson said...

Congrats ! I love it !